Monday, November 12, 2007

Unlucky 13

13 months. That's how long it'll be before I see my husband again. Dathan got the word on when his mid-tour leave will be today and he's not coming home until NEXT October. That's 13 months without seeing the kids. I'm sad for me of course, but I can't believe he's missing 13 months of their lives. Especially Schmooley...she's such a Daddy's girl and is doing more and more things everyday. Her personality is coming alive and he's missing it. Yes he was here to see her crawl, walk, cut a tooth, etc. but now is when she's really starting to do all the cute stuff. She cuddles her stuffed animals and blows kisses and things like that. And Xavier, well he's becoming such a young man. Man I am bummed. :-(


Some pics right before he left in September...


Farewell dinner at the Olive Garden:


The night he left...



1 comment:

Bonghi Vestiti said...

I'm sitting here with a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes....God bless men like him and families like yours.You are Great Americans!