Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Finding Balance


Whew, has it been awhile! The holidays and the aftermath were physically and mentally draining for myself and the kids, although I think I gave them the best possible Christmas they could have without their Daddy around to share it. I have to say I'm glad it's all over. I have been telling myself since September that if we could just make through the holidays, time would start zipping along. And so far it has!
Along with the new year I have a new outlook on many things. Many aspects of my life over the last year or so have just gotten out of control and it's time to get things in order. So this year I will be focused on finding balance and getting organized. No more procrastinating (well, ok, I know I'll still procrastinate a little but nothing like I have been), no more excuses, it's just time to start getting things done.
As you may have noticed my Etsy shop is still closed. I have a lot of new and exciting things planned for this year, including a new original line of blankets that your Schmoolies are gonna love! And if you have a sense of humor you're going to love them too. I guarantee they are like nothing else on the market today. I also have some new fabrics on order and hope to have everything back up and running by the end of February. My parents and Dathan's are both coming to visit next month to celebrate Xavier's birthday (I can't believe my baby is turning six!) so hopefully I can get a lot accomplished during their visit. When the shop re-opens be on the lookout for new larger size Minky blankets, hooded bath towels, and changing mats as well.
It's also time to start getting serious about our health. Inspired by Kate of the John & Kate Plus 8 show on TLC, I am considering going organic with our diets. If a mother of eight children can find the time and money to eat organic then I see no reason why I can't give it my best shot. My weight since giving birth to Cadence has just been out of control. It may partly be due to thyroid problems, which I should have a definit answer on by the end of the month. In the meantime we are eating healthy, exercising more, and getting out into the crisp fresh air as much as possible.
I've also worked out a day to day schedule that I think balances out time with kids and time for Inspired by Schmooley, so I should be able to complete more and get things listed more often.
Do you like that picture of the scale up there ^? You can get one at Kids Unplugged. They're not handmade, but all of their toys are made from natural, safe, and nontoxic materials with consideration to their effect on the environment, and the store is owned by a WAHM!

No comments: