Friday, November 23, 2007

Doing the Happy Dance!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Our Turkey Day was pretty "eh" but I expected as much all things considered. I did accomplish quite a few things...the mother load of laundry, baking four different kinds of cookies, and putting up my Christmas decorations just to name a few.
Today I have something to be very very thankful for. Back in October my Aunt lost her beloved golden retriever Ruefuz at Schwartzwood State Park in NJ. My family has been going to Schwartzwood for years and on October 21st they were having a picnic there. Just as everyone was about to leave Rue just took off. My Aunt, Uncle, and cousin ran after him but eventually he was out of sight. They distributed hundreds of fliers, went back to the park throughout the week, notified the NJ state police,fire departments, rescues, and shelters, put ads on the local news, newspapers, and weather channel, etc. I posted on Craigslist, Dog Detective.com, Pet911.com, PetFinder.com, etc. and had many people e-mail me with words of encouragement. Despite everyone's efforts though, it seemed like Ruefuz was gone for good.
Last night someone near Branchville, NJ spotted Ruefuz and called in his brothers to help catch him. After being outside in the cold for exactly one month and two days Ruefuz was rescued and brought home today! Rue is my Aunt Barbie's life and I know without him she wasn't whole. I am so thankful for his return, and all the kind words and support she received from so many people.

I am just so thankful he's home!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

It's so wonderful when a lost pet is found. I'm happy for you and your aunt. :)

joeyandaleethea said...

I swear I started to cry reading this and soooo happy to hear Ruefuz is now home. He looks like such a sweet and loving doggie.